25 September 2011

Budapest - Cseh Tamas



Another artist I had not heard of this time last week. Once again a beautiful song but the lyrics would have been meaningless to me had I not been given a translation. 

Please tell me, where will our dwelling place be
Shall we stay here or one day shall we leave
This is the city we dwell in
This city has a name
It is called Budapest

In the morning, as it is the tradition here
Janos and Tamas go and buy milk
There are holes in the houses, they look through them
Then they leave the houses,  they start (to leave)

Please tell me this, where will be our dwelling place be
Shall we stay here  or some day we leave
This is the city  we dwell in
This city has a name
It is called Budapest

 In ponds watching themselves in ponds
I have a question is it alcohol
Do you recognize me or have you forgot me
Eva had an abortion yesterday

I Cant sell my winter coat
Smile to the landlord
Look, a stamp on my forehead
I am not the on you are looking for

Comrade F  I am not the one
The black hole is n a nonextiostent star
Can you recognize me my teacher or have you forgot me
But my question is, is there alcohol available now?

Now tell me this WILL be our dwelling place, the place to stay?
Will we stay or one day we leave it?
This is the city, we are its citizens  we stay
We stay here, here we stay

No comments: