01 June 2008

Seven Songs

Bob From Brockley me tagged me for the Seven Songs meme a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't had the chance to do it until now. Sorry for the delay Bob!

For this meme you are asked to list seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.



So here goes. I am (almost) taking a break at the moment from my usual Hawkwind/Robyn Hitchcock fare.

1 Ofra Haza - Im Nin'Alu



I know I've posted this song before but I love this simpler version of this song much more than the version that reached the charts in the late 80s.


2 Darya Dadvar - Dokhtar Shirazi



Okay so it is a medley rather than one single song but what the hey! I have just spent a wonderful week in Paris in the company of some hugely talented and utterly charming Iranian artists. What better than the songs of a hugely talented Iranian singer who lives in France.

3 Dead Can Dance - Cantara



One of Australia's greatest exports.... Right up there with Cooper's Sparkling Ale!

4 Robyn Hitchcock - De Chirico Street



Well I can't go far from Robyn even for seven songs. There is a De Chirico painting at the Pompidou in which a figure looks eerily like Robyn

5. The Cure - A Forest



A song from my teens that I put aside for a time but I always come back to it sooner or later.

6. Super Furry Animals (Drawing) Rings Around the World



The great lost Beach Boys/Hawkwind collaboration! Definitely a song for sunnier weather.. Okay so it's grey and overcast today but what the hell!

7.. Finally The Eurovision song that made all others obsolete



France Gall singing Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Glad to see you've weaned yourself off Slade! I'd take that as a very healthy sign.
Cheers

jmb said...

Erh, interesting?

Frank Partisan said...

Anyone who read your blog for any amount of time, is not surprised by your picks.

jams o donnell said...

Aww Maddy.. Who could not love Noddy!

I hope you enjoyed one or two perhaps jmb!

I daresay my choices are fairly predictable given that I do post a lot of music videos as part of my regular posting.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm new here, and I really like this list. Especially the first three items, but they are all good.

jams o donnell said...

Thanks! Glad you liked them