06 March 2008

5th sentence page 123

I saw this meme over at Finding Life Hard? and I thought I'd give it a go. THe rules are

1. Look up page 123 in the nearest book to you at the time.

2. Find the fifth sentence and write it down. Then write down the three sentences that follow.

3. Once you've done this find three other people you'd like to tag and pass it to them.




The nearest book to hand is the one I'm currently reading: The Irish and the Spanish Civil War by Robert Stradling.

The fifth sentence is:

  • If ever a complete list of members had existed at NCP offices, it had gone missing

The next three sentences are:

  • At least a third of the corps had possessed passports in 1936.
  • But these documents were collected by Tom Gunning in Spain, and many were never returned.
  • Gunning was supposed to be making a complete list of names and addresses, though it seems likely he never completed this task.

I won't pass it on but feel free to have a go if you want.

1 comment:

jams o donnell said...

SO I saw. Bill Bryson...