01 July 2007

Robyn (and Kimberley) at the Three Kings 30 June





Kimberley Rew

The Three kings, Clerkenwell, is a tiny pub. I think it can hold 95 people packed in like sardines. I was glad that I was one such sardine last night. Every so often Robyn does benefit gigs for Medecins sans Frontieres at the Three Kings. They are well attended and they raise a couple of £k for a very worthy cause. Rather than play his usual set he'll do a classic album (last time it was Piper at the Gates of Dawn, the time before it was the White Album) This time it was Sgt Pepper.

And an excellent night it was. Robyn was supported by fellow ex Soft Boys Kimberley Rew on guitar and Morris Windsor on drums, ex Higson Terry Edwards (a true gent) on keyboards and brass and (dammit his name escapes me!) on bass. They were tight. They also played a smattering of other 60s songs, including Rain, See Emily Play and Sunny Afternoon. I drank a lot of beer and I am suffering an appropriate hangover this morning.

It's a shame that tonight's gig had already sold out.

2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Wait, Kimberley is a dude???!!? I know that Ashley, Beverly, Kendall, and Kelsey all used to be boy names, but I didn't know about Kimberley.

I'm glad you had a good time, jams, you drunken Phillistine, you!

jams o donnell said...

Oh he is. and Robyn is the female version of Robin.. perhaps they had sex changes! Had a great time. Shame the bar closed too early!