14 October 2006

Coda

This post is rather long and is of extremely limited interest to most of my readership. It is aimed at “team members” of the Further Left Forum and is posted here because it would not be accepted as a comment on that blog.

Yesterday while perusing the Further Left Forum. I saw a post which linked to a well respected leftist and anti islamist Maryam Namazie. I noticed that the link was incorrect so I posted the following comment:

jams o donnell has left a new comment on your post "Death Penalty":

This link to Maryam Namazie's blog above does not work. Hopefully this link will work.

Her blog and the links are well worth investigating.


All posts to the Further Left Forum are moderated by Pocho, who is the blog owner (even if he may deny this). He sent the following message to the other team members, including Renegade Eye, Say No to Mullets and Pisces Iscariot, all of whom are FL team members and who are linked to the Poor Mouth.

WHAT TO DO WITH THIS POST IS A PUZZLER. IT CAN BE ACCEPTED, REJECTED, OR PUT ASIDE FOR TEAM INPUT, WHICH IS THE CASE. THE POST ITSELF IS INNOCUOUS. HE IS CORRECT THE LINK MENTIONED DID NOT WORK IT HAS BEEN EDITED SO IT NOW DOES WITHOUT HIS COMMENT. THE REASONS FOR HESITATION ARE DETAILED BELOW ESPECIALLY FOR NEW TEAM MEMBERS. IF YOU HAVE YET TO READ THE FORUM POSTING GUIDE, PLEASE DO FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING.

1. JAMS UNDER OTHER NAMES HAD BEEN A LONG TERM SUPPORTIVE USER OF THE ORIGINAL FURTHER LEFT LIBRARY AND OUR YAHOO CHAT ROOM. HE WAS ATTACKED HEAVILY THERE AND SEVERAL OF US WORKED TO FEND THOSE. OFF. MOST OF US PRESENT IN THOSE DAYS PROBABLY HARBOR GOOD FEELINGS ABOUT HIS PARTICIPATION AND ON THAT BASIS ALONE WOULD ORDINARILY WELCOME HIS RETURN.

2 HIS ACTIVITY IN THE CURRENT CHAT ROOM AND FORUM HAS BEEN SOMETHING ELSE. HE PROFANELY INSULTED THREE CHAT USERS IN THE CHAT ROOM BECAUSE MORAL DISAGREEMENT WITH STANCE ON THE US 9/11 AND UK 7/7 EVENTS. WE REMOVED SEVERAL OF HIS FORUM BACK AND FORTH COMMENTS AND REPLIES DUE TO A SERIES OF SNIDE COMMENTS DEPRECIATING THE STANCE AND MORALITY OF OTHERS. HE INSISTED (TO NO AVAIL) THAT A CONTRIBUTION OF HIS BE REMOVED FROM THE LIBRARY BECAUSE THE LIBRARY IS NOT SUFFICIENTLY WORTHY. ANY FORUM POSTS BY HIM ARE CLEAR CANDIDATES FOR OUT OF HAND REJECTION AS EXPLAINED IN THE POSTING GUIDE.

MY INCLINATION FOR MOSTLY OLD TIME'S SAKE IS TO ACCEPT HIS POST WITH THANKS. THAT HOWEVER WOULD BE WITH INTERNAL UNDERSTANDING THAT ANY OTHERS WILL BE REJECTED FOLLOWING REPETITION IN THE STYLE OF PREVIOUS MORAL HIGH HORSE ACTIVITY DEPRECIATING OUR SITES OR USERS. WITH HOPES THAT IS NOT THE CASE AND THAT WE COME TO KNOW JAMS AS MANY OF US ONCE DID, HIS POST WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS IF THERE IS NO TEAM DISAGREEMENT.

I WOULD FORWARD THESE COMMENTS TO JAMS BUT HAVE NO EMAIL ADDRESS. ANY WHO MIGHT CAN FEEL FREE TO DO SO.


The message was written in upper case and is exactly as it was sent to me. It was clearly his intention that I see this message but as I have no wish to disclose my email I will respond here. I will say that what Pocho said about me is a mixture of distortion and downright lie I would go further to say that it verges on the defamatory.

1, The comment I posted on the Further Left Forum was intended to correct a damaged link to a person I respect deeply. Clearly Pocho seems to think there was an ulterior motive (“Look like the innocent flower, But be the serpent under’t” – to quote Lady Macbeth).Firstly, Pocho might wish to consider that two previous posts this year (In may and July, neither of which had any ulterior motive either ) were passed without similar comment Pocho might also wish to consider why he linked the FL forum to this blog for some time. I chose not to return the compliment

2. I was a regular of the original FL Yahoo room and it is true to say that I was attacked heavily. My user id at the time was cloned but for Pocho to say that “several of us” worked to defend me is at the very best an economyof the truth; Pocho did not lift a finger to help. Zatilkia on the other hand did a lot do defend me and for that I am still very grateful. Pocho is also showing some breathtaking hypocrisy. He forgets that he tolerated a number of people who brazenly abused other FL members. Does he remember Attila?. Although he did eventually cut Attila dead, for a very long time he did nothing whatsoever to stop his abuse of regulars.

My activity in the IRC successor was limited. I will freely admit that my last words to Pocho were, if my memory serves me “go to hell you sick bastard”. While these words were harsh they were the result of a heated As for the other two members I am alleged to have abused he has alleged previously that I swore at another regular (an Indian from a very privileged family and a very rich husband who lives in Canada who plays at hard line maoist politics). That is not true. The third person may well have been the Greek/south African or whatever team member who lives in the UK (perhaps) This member was the purveyor of such sensible policies as the ethnic cleansing of protestants from Northern Ireland. If I swore at him it was as a result of his sheer and utter idiocy

3.” Moral disagreement with 9/11 and 7/7”: What this means is that I consider these acts to be acts of terrorism, nothing else. Pocho showed his high moral position on London bombings by describing the event as “London getting a bit of justice”. As for 9/11, his stance is summed up by his oh so witty comment in the old FL room where he described the people who jumped from WTC as a “Hard Rain”. That was not an isolated comment – on several occasions he supported the actions of the 9/11 attackers., Pocho may subscribe to the Ward Churchill view of the dead as “little Eichmanns” I do not.

4. In 2004 I put together a piece on the Rosenstrasse protest for the FL library, Last year when I wished to cut links with the room I did demand that that article be removed from his library. For him to say that it was not worthy of the library is a downright lie. I requested that it be removed on the basis that it did it did not fit with his blanket advocacy of violence.

5 Pocho talks about snide comments on the FL forum: These so called snide comments have been deleted by so it is not now possible to judge whether they were snide or not. I would like to point out that last December 2005 one team member (I will not embarrass them by saying who) posted an article from the Onion as real news. When I left a comment along the lines of “oh dear better to concentrate on America’s real iniquities rather than those that are made up” Pocho vilified me then deleted the whole post.

The Further Left Forum does not accept debate willingly. It is the measure of the man that there would be any hesitation in accepting this polite post: by Roman (see sidebar for a link to Roman's excellent blog)

“Team members were divided on accepting the comment below.

Zatikia, You said: "America thinks they can just fence themselves in and abuse the world and they will be safe."

America is a sovereign nation just like Mexico. As such, it has over the last 200+ years evolved into a nation which is governed by a rule of law and order just like Mexico. It is the wish of the citizens of this country that our borders be secured but for the last 30 years or so our government leaders have allowed the orderly system of legal immigration to devolve into chaos. Why? So that large agricultural, manufacturing and service industries will have a plentiful supply of cheap labor. Both Mexican and US leadership's lack of border enforcement has been, and is now, criminal in nature.

I was an immigrant. I came here legally after submitting papers and waiting for 3 years.
Do you mind it if you are waiting in line and someone steps in front of you? How about if it is a never ending stream of people stepping in front of you? Is this fair?”

This will be my only comment on Pocho’s post. He will never have to worry about dismissing any further comments out of hand, As I cannot subscribe to his virulent anti American, anti Semitic, pro islamist, world view there will be no more comments from me there.

7 comments:

Garth said...

Just for the record Jams:
I haven't got a clue what all of that is about and disassociate myself from comments made in that email - I did not repond to it and do not intend to.
Suffice to say that I will continue to visit both your site and FLF without prejudice to either.
Pisces

littlebitofsonshine said...

peace allways Jams

Frank Partisan said...

Roman is willing to have dialog, with those he disagrees with. He has made my blog livelier, than if I only had comments from those who agree with me. I wrote defending his post.

The email about you, I frankly couldn't comprehend. If anything at times you are maybe too polite.

My first day as a member, I had a great argument, I should soon take to my own blog, about the meaning about fascism. Be sure to read the link I posted, with Trotsky's definition, it's important I believe:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17679861&postID=115949253854632154

At my blog once I deleted a comment, for apolitical name calling, done by a troll.

jams o donnell said...

Pisces, I am sorry that you have been drawn into what is "ancient" history. This is my first, last and only post on this matter after which is is a dead issue.

Sonshine: Peace always to you.

Ren, Pocho's message was nothing more crass diatribe filled with lies and half truths.

I highlighted Roman's post to illustrate that the Further Left Forum is not really about debate. That Roman's polite and well presented comment would even be considered for rejection is an indication of that. Pocho's behaviour has always been Stalinist.

the Forum is a pale shadow of your own blog which has high quality debate from across the political spectrum. I may not contribute much but I am a frequent visitor. I have a lot of respect for what you have created.

NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I HEART ROMAN!!!!!

Hey Roman, I'm the new President of your fan club.

jams o donnell said...

Roman is an intelligent and thoughtful guy. His blog Roman's Musings is excellent.